Recently a lawsuit has been brought against New York State’s North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System for $50 million for allegedly allowing a data breach that violated confidential patient information and failing to report this to the affected patients for almost a year.
Expert Consulting & Training for HIPAA Compliance
- Resolution Agreements- Brush Up Your Knowledge as OCR on Track for Banner Year
- OCR Issues Bulletin on HIPAA Privacy due to Ebola Outbreak
- HIPAA and Same-sex Marriage: Understanding Spouse, Family Member, and Marriage in the Privacy Rule
- HIPAA Omnibus Bill Is Here
- Lack of HIPAA Policies is Expensive
- Hospital Breach Brings Lawsuit
"Our doctors are most aware that the fines and penalties for violations of HIPAA privacy laws are becoming increasingly more onerous. It has been our assessment that the educational training programs, business associate agreements, and protocols that have been implemented within our compliance programs are providing the guidance we need to appropriately maintain the privacy of our patient's medical information and to respond both legally and promptly should there ever be a breach of data.
- 2016-03-01"Mary does great work for us. We are very happy with the invaluable service she provides."Michael J. Monea, President Central Anesthesia Management Services Edgewood, KY
- 2016-04-01"I am so impressed with your command of such a complex and complicated subject! I appreciated the information being presented in an accessible way."Heather Turner, Executive Director NAMI of Hamilton County