Training for Healthcare
It is most important for all members of the Health Information Management (HIM) workforce who work with PHI to understand the Privacy Rule. HIPAA for Health Information Management is key. To accomplish this, you must learn about HIPAA through a carefully crafted HIPAA for HIM Program such as that offered by HIPAA Associates.
The HIPAA for HIM program was created especially for all Health Information Management professionals who work with protected health information (PHI) while providing HIM services.
Why Choose HIPAA Associates
Most important of all, these training programs were created by professionals with both legal and healthcare backgrounds who have worked with HIPAA since it was first enacted for the healthcare setting. We have worked with large and small entities in the creation of Privacy Compliance Plans and HIPAA Training Programs.
Our Program and OCR
This HIPAA for HIM program was created with the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule in mind. Moreover, the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) who is responsible for HIPAA has not given specific criteria nor do they endorse specific programs. Nonetheless we have made this training with an in-depth knowledge of the law and the benefit of many years of experience working with HIPAA and the OCR. These courses include information on best practices and covers all of the necessary information you will need to understand the basic concepts of HIPAA.
Who benefits from our HIPAA Compliance Training?
Health Information Management professionals, medical records personnel, electronic medical records staff
Introduction to HIPAA for Heath Information Management
Training Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion
- Immediately Available
- Valid for 2 Years
HIPAA for HIM Training
- This course will describe the HIPAA regulations and explain why they are important for HIM.
- There will be case scenarios to help you understand how it affects you in your workplace.
- The course may be taken at home at your own pace.
- Created with HIM professionals in mind.
- May take it for up to 90 days.
- A certificate will be available immediately upon completion.
The HIPAA for HIM Training Course:
- Completion time under 1.5 hrs
- Take online at your own pace
- Available for 90 days
- Multiple retakes
- Guaranteed certificate of completion
The Topics Covered:
- Understand the importance of HIPAA
- Individual’s HIPAA rights
- Organizations’ responsibilities
- Permissible uses and disclosures
- HIPAA and state laws
- Test after each section
- Certificate of completion
Take your HIM Training course now
Consider Our Other HIPAA Training Programs
The HIPAA for Business Associate training is for those who handle PHI on behalf of a covered entity.
The HIPAA for IT Professionals training was created for IT professionals who work with protected health information (PHI).
HIPAA Compliance Training was created for individuals who work with protected health information (PHI). Available in Spanish
Learn More About Our Courses
Subscribe to our free newsletter, HIPAA ABCs
We are here to help you understand HIPAA from A to Z.