Why HIPAA Training?
In the first place, within our program HIPAA privacy and security training is available for all entities responsible for protected health information (PHI). In other words this includes groups such as covered entities or business associates. Most important, it is critical to train all who handle PHI in the key aspects of the Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules.
A critical part of any effective compliance program is appropriate training and education. A company must ensure that policies and procedures are integrated and made active through initial and periodic training of employees, contractors, and other stakeholders. Further, specialized training must be provided for employees who work in Health Information Management and Information Technology.
The questions to be considered by your organization:
- Is training offered in a form and language appropriate to the audience?
- Is training provided online and/or in person?
- How is the effectiveness of training measured?
- Are employees/contractors required to certify to completion of training?
- How does the company address situations where an employee fails to either take training or pass a quiz related to the content?
- Does training address key compliance principles and risk areas?
- Is specialized training provided to employees engaged in high-risk areas?
- Do managers and supervisors receive supplemental compliance training?
We Can Train Your Staff
Above all, HIPAA requires that all members of the workforce of covered entities and business associates have training on the HIPAA privacy and security policies that affect their job. Consequently, we are prepared to assist you in training all of your staff regardless of their position. This can be done efficiently with our web-based platform available to all of your staff.
Who should be trained:
- Healthcare Providers
- Health Insurance Companies
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Clearinghouses
- Business Associates
- Business Associate Subcontractors
- Healthcare Plans
Web-Based HIPAA Privacy and Security Training
Select one of our courses
We have a complete set of HIPAA training courses that will satisfy your needs. These can be taken directly from a computer or iPad at any time convenient for you or your staff. These courses cover the most important information for that respective position.
This course is ideal for any individual who works directly with (PHI) protected health information.
- Clinic Personnel
- Medical Students
- Home Health
- Medical Office Staff
- Durable Medical Equipment Providers
The course was designed for professionals involved in the management of health information applied to health and health care.
- Medical Records Department
- Health Information Management
- Electronic Medical Records
- Health Informatics
This course is meant for all professionals who deal with Information Technology as it applies to (PHI) protected health information.
- IT Professionals
- Electronic Medical Record Professionals
This is a course for all individuals or organizations that provide services to a cover entity or health care provider using (PHI) protected health information.
- Medical Couriers
- Medical Billing
- Software Companies
- Document Storage
- Cleaning Services
Este curso is para profesionales que trabajan on Información Medica Protegida.
- Profesionales de Clinica
- Estudiantes de Medicina
- Profesionales de Salud en el Hogar
- Profesionales de Oficina Medica
- Proveedores de Equipo Medico
To train your team
HIPAA Associates is prepared to train your team whether by the use of our web based program or by a face to face meeting. Learn more about our group training.
Watch our HIPAA Training Video
Taking our courses:
- Take the course at your pace from home
- Certificate available on completion
- Easy to comprehend
- May retake exam until passed
- Certificate guaranteed
- Get trained in less than 2 hours
All participants who successfully complete the course and pass a quiz will receive a HIPAA Certificate of Completion.
HIPAA Associates provides regular updates at no charge through our popular HIPAA ABCs newsletter.
On-Site HIPAA Training
Mary Lopez delivers on-site HIPAA training that resonates with health care providers. We explain HIPAA rules and policies with the use of scenarios, tips and best practices. Ms. Lopez has delivered hundreds of live training presentations to hospitals, practices and business associates.
As a matter of fact she has assisted in the creation of HIPAA compliance plans for multiple organizations and is an expert in investigations and breach reporting to the OCR.
We are the experts health care companies choose.
We have been in the business of HIPAA compliance prior to its implementation and have trained thousands of health care workers in multiple corporations. Moreover we have earned the respect and admiration of many institutions and are frequently called back.
- We have been in the business since HIPAA implementation
- We have educated thousands of health care employees
- Nationally recognized
- Above all we offer competitive pricing
HIPAA Associates will create HIPAA Training with the specific branding and needs of your organization.
Your organization may want us to create a specific training program with your branding. In addition, you may want training tailored to satisfy the needs of the entity. HIPAA Associates will develop plans such as these. Moreover, we can also create training that can be uploaded directly to your own website or platform. We are prepared to help your organization.